Show me your "Aluminati" builds!

I haven’t had any issues or noises but I just built this up and I live in Canada so it’s only been on the rollers and trainer so far. The entire drivetrain is incredibly silent though compared to my force cx1 groupset on my Crux.

1 Like

A slightly different one: XL Specialized Epic EVO Comp.
Upgraded to a Rotor 2inPower crank, and Hunt XC Wide wheels.
Off to the Cape Epic with it in March.

PS apologies for the photo quality

18 Likes

Finally have the Allez Sprint put together !

27 Likes

Just purchased a CAAD12 Team CNCPT and have a box of new Di2 Ultegra to fit. a Wheels manufacturing BB30A to prevent squeeking. Just unsure on wheels. Sourcing the gromits is a pain for the cable routing

CAAD12

Any Tips on wheels?

Sourced a Fabirc saddle that matches the lime green on the bike. Fitted the Di2 - beware cable length in seatpost! Not fitted chain, seems pointless as I have to isolate for 12 weeks so earliest I will get out is middle of June!

Completed her today. Waited for some prime primavera bars and still unsure on wheels so a quick shakedown ride first. Bars need rotating slightly forward.

10 Likes

Im so much satisfied from my Caad12 which i bought more then year ago (as a winter spare bike), but last season i rode more then my primary bike which is Colnago C60, that i bough second Caad12 same as urs (Team CNCPT)

Just to let u know black version colour which i have is 90 gm lighther than Team CNCPT (same size).

My Caad12 is build with Campagnolo Record 11sp groupset and using Campy BB Cups, without loctite or similar things… No creaking at all in last 9000 km … Regarding wheelset i have also Campy wheelset which i rotate them trough bikes (Campagnolo Zonda, Shamal, Bora 35 tub and Bora 50 tub)… This bike is that good that u have to treat it as a high end racng bike even is not carbon… So plan to put wheels there that will open potential of this bike… Good choice u done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weight wasn’t an issue. Just had a budget carbon bike and this was one of the few 54” CAAD12 frame on sale in UK and would take Di2. Was trying to get it all done under £2k but wheels will take it to about £2,2k depending on spec.

As long u consider it as really High End racing machine, and treat like that (and much better then many carbon frames), u wont regret :slight_smile:

My Caad12 Disc w. mainly 105 components

24 Likes

Just another Allez.

SRAM Force 1x, p2m ngeco power meter
Chinese death hoops with corsa tubs

Can’t wait to see the forks sparkling in the sun!

24 Likes

I’ve already shared my Allez here but I just built up a new (to me) Crux for gravel and CX this year!

14 Likes

Similar machine here

12 Likes

Stunning bike man!

1 Like

Beautiful

Does this count? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: half aluminium/half carbon. Frame circa 2008 with more modern componentry

22 Likes

Chameleon Side Close 1

14 Likes

Duuuuude… seriously, duuuuuuude!

That is killer.

1 Like

Wow.

Major jealousy going on right now…

1 Like

Thanks guys!! Building new bikes is always fun.

How are you liking those Hunt wheels? They seem like such a great value.

DAMN! That definitely counts.

1 Like