Shimano GRX 12-speed (2023 GRX820/610)

Yeah but hasn’t Shimano announced way before consumer availability many times before? Maybe my memory is false but that’s what I recall.

My bet would be on Unbound announcement regardless of availability.

2 Likes
9 Likes

12 spd mechanical:raised_hands:t2: :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Just in time to make my un-installed GRX Limited Edition 11-s obsolete :wink:

2 Likes

Limited edition as in the polished stuff?!?!?!

1 Like

Yup, snagged a 2x setup via good Pro Deal and have it planned for my pending gravel build. Currently aiming towards the All-City Cosmic Stallion Titanium.

Found another person who made a build very similar to where I am headed:

3 Likes

When your name is Ben Delaney? :crazy_face:

I can cut him some slack in this regard, though…he probably shot this “on the fly” and didn’t have a lot of time to make notes, double-check everything as he was doing the vid. he at least made the corrections in the video once he released it.

1 Like

I’ll trade you a Sterzo Smart for the grouppo…

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Cat Glare GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes
1 Like

Did you manage to get your hands on the special edition chrome cranks, too? They look pretty bling. A buddy of mine on another forum also managed to get his hands on them, but it wasn’t easy. Even though we are both living in Shimano land, he had to order them via backchannels from the US (he is American). Not an easy feat according to him.

Regarding the leak, if appropriately priced, I think their 12-speed 1x setup will sell like hot cakes. I am curious about the cassettes they will offer. This looks like Shimano’s first gravel-specific cassette to me.

Mechanical 12-speed. Sweet!!! I hope this means mechanical D/A or at least Ultegra are in the works.

1 Like

Let’s hope so, but color me very skeptical. But I reckon e. g. a 1x12 GRX-based setup with larger chainrings could be quite popular with road cyclists, too.

A cynical take on Shimano’s decision for a mechanical 1x12 groupset is cost: they still haven’t released 12-speed Di2 MTB groupsets, and it might cost them more than to modify a mechanical groupsets to accommodate 12-speed cassettes. On the road side, I think their incentive is to push the average price up. IMHO releasing a mechanical 12-speed 105 or Ultegra groupset would all but kill 105 Di2.

I doubt it….maybe you’ll see a 105 version (even though GRX is essentially Ultegra level stuff).

1 Like

Yes, full group.

3 Likes

drools

2 Likes

To say I am lucky is an understatement. :100:

2 Likes

Congrats. I know second-hand that it is really hard to get a hold of the Limited Edition groupset. Did you put in a good word to Shimano USA via TR?

1 Like

:rofl: I wish I had that kind of pull.

I just maintain the 100% status on Shimano training modules (STEC) to be in the “Century Club”, which gains access to special offers like this. We had to request access, then it was first come, first serve. Saw the offer and jumped on it immediately.

3 Likes

I was wondering what Voodoo magic you’d have to use to get an allocation. Good on you, I am sure your bike will look exquisite!

1 Like