Setting up Bontrager Aeolus saddle?

I just purchased a new Madone

Gen 6 or Gen 7 Madone? I believe the Gen 7 comes with a 0 offset seat post where the Gen 6 Madone was either a 5 or 20 degree offset, and I think the Emonda is 5 or 20 as well.

Gen 7. Both Emonda and Madone are zero offset.

This is not a solution for most Trek bikes or others with their style of seatpost clamp, but this 2-bolt type head replacement is sure interesting.

Can really open the functional range of saddle placement with the existing post (compatible ones at least).

1 Like

Emonda is either 5mm or 20mm offset.

1 Like

Hi @KorbenDallas

Just wondering how you find the Gebiomized Area saddle? I am currently on a saddle test programme (using saddle pressure mapping for some saddles) and trying a Gebiomized Sleak 145. It’s not bad but not 100% sure it’s the one so my fitter suggested I also try the Area next. Would be interested in your feedback.

Apparently V shaped saddles should suit me better so I’d also be interested in trying the Aeolus but unfortunately the fitter doesn’t have Bontrager in his range of test saddles.
How does it compare to the Area? One issue I have with most saddles is chafing where my leg rubs the part of the saddle that tapers. For that reason I’ve been riding T shaped saddles. Alas, apparently they are not the best shape for me so looking for a V shape that isn’t so wide that it chafes!

Many thanks for your feedback!

@Sundance at 10cm back from the nose the Area is about 1.5cm narrower. It stays narrower as you go forward but flares quicker as you move aft of that point. The Bontrager is as you said more V shaped and is wider all the way forward of that 10cm mark.

The profile of the Area is a bit flatter from tail to tip.

The Area cutout doesn’t extend to the tail like the Bontrager and it starts a few cm’s aft of where the Bontrager’s cutout start. Meaning, the Area has a longer piece of the nose w/o any cutout.

For me they both work. The Area was a little more touchy on the tilt set up (for me) as I ride forward and low (a lot of pressure up front…). If you’re sensitive to chafing on the inner thighs this may work better than the Bontrager for sure.

Thanks for the feedback @KorbenDallas. That’s really useful.

Just out of interest, what saddle tilt did you find worked for you with the Area?

Oh boy I don’t know the number in degrees or anything. It was trial and error. Maybe a touch more nose down tilt than the Bontrager but, they were probably very close.