Safest bike manufactures?

No, but I felt I had to bring it up for completeness. Very often when this topic is discussed there is more than a tinge of racism. Not here, though. :slight_smile:

That’s a fair point, and that’s why Canyon bikes are cheaper. For other companies you have a choice: I could buy from 3T directly or order one of their bikes from my LBS via the Japanese distributor (for a significant mark-up). I’m still leaning towards the latter, because I want to support my LBS. In Europe, though, you do have direct support from Canyon (thanks to the magic of the EU), but you will have to take it up with them rather than have your LBS deal with it. However, I would still say that Canyon has a full-fledged engineering department and does its own development, so their situation is not completely comparable to up-and-coming Chinese manufacturers.

To be honest, they have missed the boat on power meters. Entry-level power meters are so cheap that I don’t see much of an advantage by going for a Chinese manufacturer because of price. Power meters will be integrated in cranksets before too long, so entering that market makes little sense — unless you eventually want to produce your own groupsets.

1 Like