Safest bike manufactures?

That’s equally simplistic. Japanese car manufacturers had to prove themselves, and the cars they initially brought to market were lackluster and not adapted to the local markets. E. g. the ones my parents looked at in the 1980 did fit not the standard bottle trays in the trunk and they didn’t get one for that reason (although quality-wise they were already good). But the Japanese learnt quickly and adapted, and now offer products made for specific markets. (I should mention I am a permanent resident of Japan.)

Chinese manufacturers equally still have to prove themselves. Right now “the ones you can name” you can name, because you can order them cheaply on Alibaba et al. But you are missing e. g. local distribution to deal with warranty claims and proper design teams, for instance. Obviously, all of this would reduce their cost advantage. (At least in Japanese culture, copying is not frowned upon as much as it is in the West. Not sure about China.) I have no doubt they can do that, but so far they are just getting their foot in the door. Right now Chinese manufacturers are leveraging their strengths, which lies in manufacturing, not design or distribution or anything else. And I can’t fault them for that, that’s how you get the foot in the door.

Plus, even on Amazon knock-off products are a huge problem, so getting authentic parts on Alibaba and the like from Chinese brands will be hard once one of them takes off, and when you place your order, you might get a Yolo frame rather than an authentic, high-quality Yeoleo frame.

At this point I wouldn’t get a Chinese off-brand frame or wheelset at the moment, but ask me again in 10 years. Oh, and when some people speak of “Chinese carbon” that’s racist and simply unacceptable. But I don’t think I have seen that in this thread.