Safest bike manufactures?

I’m onboard with this too. Specialized are a deep pocketed US company. They know if they put out parts/bikes that fail and a class action happens, they’re toast. They also employ real engineers who are trained to Masters and PhD level in composites, Finite Element Analysis etc. I’m avoiding the brands that just have a “designer” who sketches up some shapes and gets some samples put together at a Chinese factory and chooses the best feeling one. I want to know that data was gained from analysis, and that controlled lab testing was done to scientifically choose the shapes and layup.

Also, regarding Canyon and CT scanning. I work in high end medical equipment manufacturing, and have done for 20 years. You can either have a poor process for making your widget, and test every one, because you have no confidence. Or you can have good processes with validation, that allows you to inspect far fewer widgets, to know that the whole population is meeting specification.

If Giant/Specialized/Trek make frames in batches of 1000, and destructively test (i.e. break) 5 of them per lot, but have the process (incoming materials inspection, layup, resin, weights, temps, pressures etc, maybe a non-destructive torque test) so controlled that it’s consistent, then there’s no need to test more frames. Look at Toyota making cars. They don’t crash test every other car coming off the line, they just do a few, and then control the process and maybe do a little random sampling.

My next bike will probably come from brands such as Specialized, Santa Cruz, Giant, Trek and ones similar. It won’t come from Orbea, Felt, Raleigh, Fuji and some of the others that have smaller engineering teams. And I’ll only buy Easton, Specialized, Enve, Bontrager etc carbon bars, posts, stems.