Ribble bike company?

After deliberation last year, I went with a Ribble R872, 105-7020 DIsc. Even after shipping to Canada is was still several hundreds less for a comparable Trek, Specialized, Giant etc from a LBS here. Even bike shop employee deals didn’t beat it. I used the extra to buy some carbon fiber wheels. I have no complaints about the bike, the service, delivery. I haven’t had to deal with any kind of warranty but it was a hit I was willing to take since it would be unreasonable to ship a bike back except for anything less than a total failure. I also almost pulled the trigger on a Merlin Cordite.

It irritates the crap out of me that it is cheaper to buy things and have them shipped, often free, across the ocean by air freight than it is to get them in North America and shipped ground across the border. Free shipping US → Canada is almost non-existent for some reason and the rates aren’t even reasonable. Don’t get me started on getting stuff locally in Canada where many things are cheaper than the LBS can even get them for here.

1 Like