Repeat what worked in the past or stick to the plan?

Yes I agree 100%! Volume is key and I wish I had more bandwidth in my life to tack on even more endurance rides! But at this point in life I decided all I can absorb is a mid volume plan (with additional easy rides to ramp up the volume a bit). It’s 7 hours a week on average and is almost exactly the same training time and training load as I did back is 2017, only I arrived at it differently:

There’s in fact 3 minutes total training time difference between the first 100 days of 2017 and 2023 :slight_smile:. Only 30 hours of the 106 were interval days, the rest was endurance. In 2017 there was a lot more intensity with sweet spot workouts, but I figured these were not key to making me faster (even though I initially was convinced to the contrary).

It’s not just the power curve, but also other metrics like efficiency and decoupling are heading in the right direction, just 6 more weeks of base to go and I think I’ll be well prepared for the season. Hopefully the weather will get better soon and I’ll be able to ramp up the volume to 10-12 hours a week.