Pump for Tubeless tires

I put a pump head on my ryobi inflator, it’s pretty great

2 Likes

Oddly enough it works. Skills with Phil on YouTube does a great job showing how to turn the pump sprayer into an inflator. the tube that you use to inflate it, fits perfectly into a valve when the core is removed.

2 Likes

Is a small compressor that puts out 110 PSI enough? Or do I need a higher PSI to seat tough tires?

That will work perfect. I upgraded from the garden pump to a ridgid pancake compressor from Home Depot. Figured it would be useful for other things(kids pool toys, car tires, etc). Always nice to blast dirt and junk from headset, drivetrain.

1 Like

Before buying a compressor, try with just your pump. You may be able to seat tires with just that (although depends on the tire/rim combo, and you may have to resort to some tricks of the trade like others have mentioned).

But worth a try. FWIW I have only a pump, and can get tires on all my bikes to seat OK (gravel, MTB and fatbike). I don’t do road tubeless anymore as I only ride my road bike a few weeks per year, so not worth it.

3 Likes

That will be plenty.
It’s more about volume than PSI. I have a small battery operated cheap compressor from Ryobi and it’s a simple task for it to seat any tubeless tire!

2 Likes