Power saddle & chamois

Couldn’t tell a difference

This may sound a little crazy, but try the power mimic, the “women’s” version. We were playing with saddles because the evo pro I had been riding for a while was good but not great and he threw this under me without telling me what it was and I was immediately like “that feels good.” Now, even on the trainer, multi hour rides aren’t an issue at all.

It doesn’t look any different other than the cut out has material over it and it says mimic. The padding is different though and it just feels good. Definitely worth a look.

2 Likes

Going in next weekend to check out fitters new gizmo for pressure mapping. Over the last couple weeks I think I have my pro stealth angle finally correct, to where it both feels fine and doesn’t seem to yet be eating into the Lycra on some unaffected bibs. Hopeful the Gebiomized tuning can finish the task so I can keep these saddles and not go down the rabbit hole again.

1 Like

Whatcha doing with the power saddle? Which model is it?

Just the basic version.
It’s been permanently borrowed out to a mate for the time being.

Actually onto a Prologo Nago Evo space now - so far so good.

1 Like

Ah, lucky him. I’m actually going away from a Prologo Dimension Tri and probably going to get another Power Arc. The Prologo is just too flat for my taste. I have a Power Arc on my road bike and love it so I’m going to pick up one for the cross bike now.

1 Like

Yeah I suspect the Power Arc would fix every issue I had with the original power

1 Like

It did for me. I kept hearing how amazing the Power was, so I decided to try it. Hated every mile on it. Talked with the guy in the shop and he recommended the Power Arc and it’s been great.

1 Like

I haven’t had the same experience, unfortunately. I’ve tried both the 143mm and 155mm Power Arc - the 143mm led to man-part numbness, and the 155mm led to a saddle sore that’s taken me off the bike for weeks. Just saying - it’s not the fix for everyone. I’ve had more problems finding a saddle than anybody else I’ve known.

1 Like

little different, but my first pair of shorts were a gift from someone not into cycling and happened to be womens. still remember them being quite comfortable even on my new to riding 4 hours crotch!

This is the best I’ve tried so far and I’ve been through them all!

1 Like

Hello, C-h-a-d, the geobiomized solved? please let us know. having the same problem and thinking going to a bikefit with this…

I too hated the power but am in love with with Power Arc. The high hamstring irritation and saddle sores that came with it were immediately resolved when I made the swap.

3 Likes

I never ended up making it in this spring, he had a remodeling that affected his fit systems’ electrical supply. It delayed my original appointment at the end of February and the rest is history :mask: I’ll be trying to get in next spring for a general refit check and will look to do the saddle mapping as part of it.

In the meantime I’ve largely eliminated issues by using less chamois cream (IDK) and some Pearl Izumi “Pro” bibs I got on sale that turned out to be a great fit. The chamois has the top layer “floating” over it and I suspect it’s absorbed whatever bit of movement I was having that caused the problems. This weekend was the first time since spring I’ve had any kind of chafing and I blame it on the 10 hours of riding I managed to get in over the long weekend :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

My bum brother from another mother!

Same for me. Wanted to love the power and it felt nice on the seat bones. Only did 3 rides on it because it caused horrible problems (hamstring/saddle sore). The shop (not US - no 30 day no fuss return policy) reluctantly swapped it for the Arc. Happy days ever since! I recently tilted the nose down a tiny bit more and it’s the :honeybee:’s knees for me ever since. Last 3-4h ride I didn’t think once about the saddle.