Part level increase even though I bailed

So I bit off more than I could chew and went all out for an anaerobic ride. I bailed after the first interval and then continued with the ride doing a threshold output.

I got home and said I did not complete the intended workout and delinked the workout to the ride however TR gave me half the intended PL increase of the workout even though I did not complete it.

Is this a bug or a PL update for outdoor rides?

Hey there,

At the moment, Outside Workouts are graded as “Pass/Fail,” so if you upload an Outside Workout, you have to manually let Adaptive Training (AT) know if you did not complete the workout. It looks like the workout (Iron) is still associated with the ride you did on that date.

You can unmatch that session by clicking on the workout on your TR Calendar, and then you should see a box that looks like this:

But, instead of “Match,” we’ll want to unmatch the workout from your ride. Make sure to click on “Save” in the bottom right corner when you’re finished so that the changes are applied.

These instructions should help you out if you need them:

As for the half credit you got, that is because Progression Levels max out at 10.0. Your previous Progression Level for your Anaerobic workouts was 8.6, so since AT saw your Outside Workout as a “Pass,” it awarded you the maximum amount of credit it could, capping you out at 10.0.

Hope this helps clear things up – let me know if you have any additional questions!

1 Like