Overs- Unders . I am struggling to complete

@slowmart I looked at your ride feed and you are still doing a LOT of good work. Ok, not every single second is at 100% or maybe there are a few back pedals on the last intervals of some sessions. But you’re still getting a lot of good work in.

Palisade looked a lot better than Carson so you’re heading in the correct direction. It is true, though, that if you were eating at maintenance calories you’d be crushing these workouts. Keep in mind that depending on your individual efficiency on the bike, your actual calories consumed during a workout can be a lot different than what TrainerRoad tells you. Not the fault of TR…just that there is a lot of individual variability in cycling efficiency. So what you may think is a 500kcal deficit might actually be 600 or 650…or it might be 400.

I’m gonna say you’re OK to keep doing what your doing just keep an eye on your state of mind. Mental burnout would be my biggest concern. Keep doing as much of your over/under workouts as you can. If you gotta back pedal for 20 seconds during the last interval, don’t sweat it…that gives you a target to improve on next week. Always try to make some incremental improvement week to week.

1 Like