One Up Dropper on an Oiz

For any Orbea Oiz riders…dropper post question

I just ordered a new Oiz TR. I accidentally ordered the 125mm dropper option instead of the 150mm option. Guess I was too distracted by all the color choices. Anyway, they are telling me that they cannot change to the 150 now because I ordered from MyO and I cannot change anything. Now, I ordered the bike 2 days ago, and it does not ship until December 1st. I would think this is ample time to swap out one of the last components they will probably put in the box, but I digress…

I will probably put a One Up dropper on it anyway. I am wondering if I will be able to get a 180mm on there, or just a 150. Does anyone by chance have a Large Oiz you could measure next time you are tinkering around with it? I am looking for the Max Frame Insertion length (i.e. how far down will a seatpost go?)

Or, if anyone is running an Oiz / One Up combo, perhaps you would have the answer! Thanks in advance.

Update 8/14: I got in touch with a great customer service rep at Orbea. She is working to fix the issue. But, beware if you order a MyO Orbea build. They are serious when they say “orders cannot be changed!” Still interested in any Dropper info folks have for the Oiz TR!

Did you call Oiz ? I mean it’s a bit ridiculous

Cancel the order and order another one.

1 Like

It is beyond ridiculous. I cannot get anyone on the phone there. Customer Service line does not work or sometimes works and goes to voicemail. I heard back via email, and that is where they told me it can’t be swapped. I am trying to not let it get to me and be excited about my bike, but it is tough. My first Orbea, first non-used bike. I want to love the company but it is tough so far! But it is the exact bike I want. I would probably have swapped the dropper anyway. Could just be one crappy employee somewhere who does not want to log into a computer, find my order number, and click and type a few things.

This is concerning. I’m looking at buying a new MTB and considering the Orbea. What drives me mad is that the XCs don’t have stock dropper posts - only the Trail. So, I could easily fall into your trap. The fact that 1) you can’t get someone on the phone, and 2) can’t change something simple like a drop post for a future delivery is troubling and does not bode well. The option that I am considering instead of the Orbea Oiz is the Specialized Epic Evo. Your experience is starting to push me towards Specialized…

I ordered an Orbea Oiz-m-ltd, last november, it was delivered to thebshop one week early, came with ky color selections, stem, crank lengths, upgraded brakes. It came with a Fox Transfer seatpost, the length I wanted. All of this was for thousands less than an Epic equivalent. And it weighs 22.00 pounds with pedals and a pump. Experience was as expected. My post is a 150, size small frame.

Depending on your frame, they have blue papers. See page 11 for the seatpost info, and below excerpts. This is for the OMX/OMR carbon.

Thanks! I still torn between the two bikes. The Oiz has good specs in general. Today with such a long lead time and shortage of parts for these bikes I’m wondering how easy it is to start swapping out parts in the order.

I was torn between the Oiz TR, the Evo, and a few others as well. I absolutely love the Oiz TR and am happy with my choice. I went back and forth between the TR and the pure XC version also.
With the remote lockouts, it can be really racy. The weight penalty with the bigger fork is de minimus (at my level at least…) and it is super capable if I want to ride it a little harder.

The only “cons” about the bike were easily fixable, if not a bit annoying. The first issue with switching out a dropper post was just poor customer service, which was remedied and apologized for. No harm no foul.

The second issue I had was the bottom bracket. The stock race face BB that came with it got really friction-y and loud after just a few months. It was corroded when I pulled it out to replace, and appears to have sustained some sort of water damage, which is weird as I ride in dry conditions. Anyway, I replaced it with a BB infinite and it works awesome now and spins smooth and quiet. I decided to just use self-help for this BB issue, as my “authorized dealer” to assess the warranty issue is a bit too far away to make it worth my while.

Bottom line, I love the Oiz TR. I hardly ever ride my bigger bike now, even on the sportier trails. Happy shopping.

1 Like

There is a large hole in the frame above the shock. If you wash your bike upside down or spray it with a garden hose, water can get inside your frame. That could be how it got corroded. I think it was on YouTube review where someone had corroded their headset this way. Not sure if the same applies to the bb.

Thanks Bluedog8117. I’m looking really closely at the Orbea options now. Maybe I’ll just go straight to the TR versions (Oiz M) and leave the XC versions (Oiz H).

Good point. I can’t rule out that it was self induced from that hole in the frame. Also, the cable routing on the down tube just above the BB is suspect for water bottle / rinse off leakage as well.

But I don’t really hose down / pressure wash my bikes for that reason, usually just a brush off and wipe down for the cleaning.

My mechanic said it looked like the bike had been submerged or done a bunch of water crossings. Neither of these are the case. I may never know what happened! But the new set up is staying dry and spinning free. So I’ll chalk it up to bad luck I guess and pedal on!