No HR displayed with Garmin Dual HRM

I fixed mine here:

Has there been a solution found for this issue? Ive been through a bunch of different hr straps and finally just bought a Garmin because Ive found my Forerunner watch to be so great/reliable.

Im having the same issue as others ā€“ strap is connected to TR via my Android phone, but there is no data showing.

Super frustrating.

No luck for me. I gave up trying to use my iPad for that reason and instead use my laptop. Yes, it is frustrating as I purchased the HRM just for that purpose.

I figured out a work around by connecting the strap to my watch and doing a ā€œvirtual runā€ activity which broadcasts the HR data to TR. The only problem is that the activity doesnt actually start on the watch unless its fully paired with a virtual run app (Zwift etc) and you start running. Theres no way to manually start the activity from the watch. So the signal from the watch eventually times out and you have repeat the process. Definitely not ideal.

I had it happen when I bought a HRM dual over the summer. It would pair fine with my Edge 530 over ANT and BT, but Trainerroad could see no data from it on the Android phone (BT). Having tried everything else, resetting the phoneā€™s network connections worked and itā€™s been rock solid since. Itā€™s deeply annoying it came to that though as there was no way to just reset the BT connections - all saved WiFi connections were lost as well (and no, Google couldnā€™t restore them). Definitely seems to be a Garmin problem

2 Likes