Purchase one wheelset and one pair of tires to have three wheelsets w/ tires on, ready to roll.
Need your help here!
My wife and I have 2 bikes for all gravel, XC, trail, and enduro. They are both 2020 Scott Spark RC 900 WC w/ AXS.
Goal wheelsets’ use cases:
- Gravel oriented, used exclusively by 63kg wife on gravel rides with a fast group.
- XC MTB race oriented, used by her for single track, and me for gravel rides.
- Enduro/Trail-capable, used for any single track by me @ 94k with poor line choices.
Wheelsets we have now:
- XC MTB w/ XC MTB tires.
- XC MTB w/ enduro tires.
Seeking recommendations for:
- Fast-rolling tires for the gravel-oriented wheelset.
- Which wheels to purchase and…
- How you would use the current wheelsets and new wheels in the scenarios above
No need for me to pull trigger now, so product availability is moot.
Could use some help on strategy! If you can provide even one recommendation, that’s very helpful!
Grateful for your time as always.
Current wheel/tire setups:
- Syncros Silverton SL 26 carbon wheels
- Rekon Race 2.25 rear & Ikon 2.35 front.
- She’ll XC-race on Aspen WT 2.4 or some other brand of lower rolling resistance XC MTB tire.
- DT Swiss XMC 1200 wheels
- Maxxis Aggressor 2.35" DD rear & Bontrager SE4 2.4" front. I use these for everything.
Strategies I’ve been considering:
- Strategy option 1:
- Get a 30mm internal width race XC wheelset and make these Michelle’s go-to XC race wheels.
- Use her carbon-spoked Syncros Silverton wheels for the gravel-oriented wheelset because they’re light, stiff, and narrow by today’s XC MTB wheel standards.
- Keep the DT Swiss XMC 1200 as my Enduro wheels with same tires on? (it’s been working so far)
- Strategy option 2:
- Buy a stronger enduro wheelset.
- Move my enduro tires to the stronger wheelset.
- Mount some new gravel-oriented tires to one of the XC wheelsets we currently have.
- Strategy option 3, 4, 5…
- Anything you recommend!!