New S-Works Torch shoes

:information_source: S-works Torch 2022 first impressions

:footprints: Fit: I have fairly large feet (110mm wide, 286mm long) and bought the shoes in size 45. No problems whatsoever, enough space for toes out of the box, heel retention really good, no pain around the ankles. One issue that immediately occurred is that right shoe has a small side wrinkle in the material just behind metatarsal joint of the big toe. Does not seem to cause any discomfort for the moment.

:zap: Performance: They are very light. Not as light as shoes with laces I own (Giro Empire SLX) but difference is small. Boa dials S3 are powerful and easy to modulate, lack of velcro strap is a non issue. Carbon sole does not flex (gee whiz) and power transfer is as expected of shoes in this class even in push/pull 1000W sprints.

:eyes: Looks: White as snow besides one small S logo on the front. Love the looks and lack of branding. Very helpful detail is plastic protector on the front od the she in case of toe overlap with the wheel. You don’t want to mark your pearly whites. Boa dials are silver, but the strings are white. One thing to consider is sun ageing of all that white cover. Hopefully it won’t turn to yellow white hue.

:bulb: Final thoughts: I’ve bought these shoes based on reviews of greatly enhanced comfort and they really are seriously comfortable out of the box. Performance is alongside with other premium shoes. The looks are very pleasing but not overly bold.

:vs: Comparison to other shoes I ride:
Giro Empire SLX size 45 - narrower in the toe area, lengthwise about the same, marginally lighter, laces work well to tighten the foot, overall not as comfortable as S-works Torch
Shimano RX8 gravel size 45 - narrower in the front and the middle - they feel really tight to me, length the same, single boa dial isn’t that powerful, heavier, not as comfortable as S-works Torch.

5 Likes