Myofascial pain syndrome in both calves

I’ve been mostly been given eccentric calf raise (focusing on slowly lowering the heel down once up) and fairly standard calf stretches. I’ve been given multiple things to be honest but these are the 2 things that have stuck. I really don’t feel like it helps which is disconcerting…I did have see 2 different physiotherapist (from the same clinic) within the last 5 months and wasted time seeing a sport medicine doctor which basically said he couldn’t help me since on the surface he couldn’t figure out what is wrong, which is odd (took as he didn’t want to deal with a more complex case).

We did briefly investigate pain I sometimes get in my lower back as a possible source of my problem but we didn’t pursue that avenue long enough perhaps.

Like I said previously I maybe have something that is vascular although the pain never goes completely away after exercise and I feel a weird mix of dull pain, slightly sharper pain and burning sensation even. All this in both leg, although it’s worst in the right calf. Location of the pain is also quite diffuse so no precise location.

I would gladly take the name of the physiotherapist and the exercise that you tried out that helped you out. At least it could be soemething new to discuss with my PT.

Thanks I really appreciate you taking the time!

Thanks

1 Like