My new 2019 Scott Spark RC

Move to XTR Di2. I got a set if interested, including a SRAM XX1 11-speed cassette.

Crest cb

1 Like

Absolutely true!

I agree with you MI-XC. I started looking at the body types of the people beating me on XCO races and they definitely weren’t 5w/kg jockey-type builds.

To summarize from their perspective I think they do what they can to get strong on the bike but they don’t micromanage their body weight (beer drinkers) or bikes (all types including aluminum frames and 2x groups). I’ve worried less about weight this offseason and really just focused on eating healthy and trying to maximize the gains from my workouts.

At the end of the day I don’t think 3-5lbs or more on the weight of your bike is going to matter at all. It’s fun to do the WW thing but as MI-XC says, expect marginal gains at best.

Awesome bike IMO just as it sits.

1 Like

hello again,
I have in mind to buy a new set of wheelset.
I want to buy a custom pair with FunWorks hubs(n-light boost) and rims.
Have you’ve heard of this company? are they any good?

The custom wheelset that I want to buy have aprox 1510-1520gr and it cost only 430 eur, brand new !

My new upgrade, Wheelset :slight_smile:
Now, as shown in this picture, 10,6kg

4 Likes

That seatpost is ruining the look for me, it needs to be black IMHO. My 2018 Spark RC 900 WC btw:

Just off the trail at my local training singletrack last week.

4 Likes

Yep… I know that it doesn’t fit at all…but, I’ve bought it half the price and it was brand new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next upgrade… hope better pulley wheels(purple) and in future Quarq PM with xx1 cranks.

The DT wheels look great. I cant suggest enough to look at Industry 9. Best wheels out there.

I have a 2018 Spark RC Pro. Upgraded to AXS, Quarq and the Fraser bar. Best MTB Ive owned… 23lbs or so.

1 Like

Looks good with the new wheels, I’m with mixc though, I’d spend the extra and get a black seatpost or even a dropper but thats just me. I’m huge on aesthetics on my bike.

1 Like

I’m with aesthetics as well but in my country , from 20 races(ish)…maybe in 3-4 I’ll benefit using dropper.
I preffer keeping the money(for black seatpost) and spend them on violet garbaruk pulley wheels and in the future PM.

New upgrades :slight_smile:
-Sram Eagle XX1 DUB Quarq PM + 36T Garbaruk melon chainring(oval)
-xpedo CXR pedals
-violett garbaruk pulley wheels.

Excuse me but I took the photo with my training wheels :)). I am training on the road mainly…

4 Likes

Nice ride. I do a bit of road training my my spark as well with some road/gravel friendly tires. It’s a surprisingly capable and fun bike on the road. With a 38 chainring, I can keep up on pretty fast roadie group rides on most terrain. Great way to get some extra work on a group ride.

so, you say that e 38ring will fit?
now I use 36 oval ring(from garbaruk-but I think all oval rings are almost the same as shape) and it seems that I still have enough room for something bigger.

Yes, a round one fits. You have to remove the chain keeper, but I’ve never dropped a chain and I’ve used the 38 on some pretty rough XC courses.

garbaruk use what they call VCLT (variable chain line tech), which sounds fancy, but just means the are more offset to the outside for the bigger rings.
benefit, you can fit a larger ring
downside, the chainline gets worse for the bigger rings

so… maybe I can fit a ovel 40teeth ? mainly for training on the road…
for xcm racing(depending of the terrain) a 36 oval will be fin… and if it’s steeper… maybe a 32 oval :slight_smile:

thanks !

garbaruk only go’s up to 38

they’re up to 46 teeth for 4 bolts 104bcd :slight_smile:

1 Like