Let's see your Titanium builds!

+1 on the Ti seatpost. Aside from looks how does it feel compared to carbon?

John Tomac is calling, he wants his bike back :rofl:

Your Baxter is sweet! Ready for Tour Divide, right?

What are the specs on your fork: travel and offset?

Just upgraded by custom Ti rig to a ‘Monster Lefty’ - it’s an absolute blast of a ride.

14 Likes

Thanks. The bike could handle it, but I’d need a way to charge the AXS for the 8 months it would take me to cover that kind of distance! The fork is 100 mm of travel and 51 mm offset.

1 Like

That jazzy front end is fantastic! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Thx for the compliment. Aesthetics were very important when specing out the build. Originally the frame had a seat mast but about 65k in a crack developed at the seat cluster in a weld bead so decided to repair it and go traditional. Went back in with a ti post for the look. Have not ridden it with a carbon post but do think compared to past builds with carbon posts that it rides fine.

1 Like

Is anyone running a Ti seatpost? I’m thinking about getting one for my Lynskey GR300. I’m running a Whiskey carbon one now, and since I’m a bigger rider I think it might have just a bit too much flex. That, and the Ti post looks :ok_hand:

1 Like

I have one:

It helps dampen vibrations a little more than my old carbon seat post. I love the ENVE clamp that holds the seat to the post. The change in ride quality is probably equivalent to widening your tires by 2mm. If you have the money and the manufacturer says you’re within the allowed weight range, then maybe go for it. There’s a lot of places to spend money for upgrades. Somebody should create a hierarchy of where to start/what to upgrade first … (in another post)

13 Likes

To be fair, this is partially about the bling factor :rofl:

1 Like

I switched from a Ti seatpost to a Roval Terra carbon post which is designed to flex. It is a lot more comfortable. Doesn’t look as good though!

1 Like

Got a Ribble HT Ti mtb for some trail riding since the Lynskey is doing more indoor training work.

11 Likes

Well, if that’s the case … get a ti seatpost with an etched and anodized logo :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My Turner Cyclosys on a ride to a local reservoir for some Z2 work.

11 Likes

I definitely run a ti seat post on my ti bike. I think the important thing to do (for aesthetics) is make sure you match the seat post with the stem. If you currently have a carbo stem or then you might consider switching both.

I run a Ti seatpost on my Ti roadbike…
Heck, i even run a Ti seatpost on my Al CX bike.
My Ti MTB has an Al seatpost though, kind of difficult to find one in that length, but will search for it now.

However, i also like the combination of a Ti bike with “naked” carbon parts though…

1 Like

My fourth titanium frame - a Reilly Spectre built up as a winter trainer/commuting/credit card tourer.

Ultegra Di2, Kinesis Fend Off guards, SP dynamo and Rotor LT powermeter. Sorted.

19 Likes

New Ti bike day for me!!!

2015 Salsa Colossal Ti, Final build will be Force AXS 2x 48/35 10-36 and Zipp 404 Firecrests. Super stoked for this build! Trying to figure out bars and saddle.

19 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

My Seven Axiom SL. I wanted paint so went all in with it.

13 Likes