Let's see your Titanium builds!

Here’s my Ti road bike, a Litespeed Ultimate disc. I love love LOVE this bike. So fast and so smooth. Litespeed managed to square off the top tube and make the down tube a truncated airfoil shape so there’s a few aero touches. Combining that with zipp sl aero handlebars and cockpit and my flo45s this thing gets moving in a hurry. I’m also finding I’m getting pushed around far less in headwinds and crosswinds in contrast to when I was using those same wheels on my 2017 specialized diverge elite so that’s a pretty big added bonus. The frame easily fits 30c tires as advertised and could probably fit the right pair of 32s. Bought it with riding mainly road with some light hard pack gravel roads here and there on occasion for which I have a set of dt swiss 460s with donnelly cdg tubeless tires ready for the quick switch. With cages and pedals the weight comes in a 18.2 lbs. All in all It’s hard to find any faults with this bike, I’m keeping it forever. I might switch out the ultegra mechanical for Di2 when the next gen comes out and will definitely be getting more aero wheels for it because more wheels means more fun. If you come across anyone complaining about Ti not being aero point them in the direction of litespeed. Yea it’s not as aero as a tarmac or emonda or whatever but they’re not nearly as smooth to ride as this.

Probably going to buy the litespeed ultimate gravel to go with it because aero-ish Ti gravel sounds splendid.

14 Likes

I went with Ti because of my unsubstantiated fear of damaging a carbon frame while out on gravel. One of the Trek Carbon gravel bikes I was looking at had a frame protector on the down tube/bb area which planted the seed that maybe my fear wasn’t just in my head.

I have had Ti before and went with the T-Lab X3 because it’s slack \ endurance geometry was right for me on both gravel and the road. IMHO it’s kind of aggressive geometry for gravel, but perfect on the road, mostly because I’m still not fully used to it on gravel yet.

1 Like

Here’s my Titanium rig, a Chiru Vagus. The geometry ended up being perfect for me since it’s a little more gravel and endurance oriented but still fulfills my roadie desires. It has the Force AXS wide 2x set up which I love since I want the wide range without big jumps. I also appreciate that as a small frame, it still has room for the 3rd bottle cage and I should be able to fit a small top tube frame pack (coming later this week).

We’ll be riding a 200 miler in about 3 weeks, so I’m planning to spend that time getting dialed in. So far it’s great! I’m soliciting name ideas since I always name my bikes.

8 Likes