Let's see your paincave!

And I totally appreciate you doing that. :+1:t2: :grinning:

1 Like

nice.

Appreciate the positive feedback on the gym and I’m very lucky to have a dedicated space like this. I still want to build a couple of rocker plates for the trainers and will probably look at adding a Sole F80 treadmill closer to winter.

Ron

2 Likes

The purple you used in the Attack print is dang near a perfect match to my feature wall. It’s almost like we planned it. :grinning:

Ron

1 Like

I did notice that. Brought a smile. They look amazing in your space :+1:t2:

Great Treadmill Choice. Reasonable pricewise and I have loved mine. Had it about 8 years! I love the 22 wide deck

Latest edition to the paincave. Just waiting for replacement GForce RTX card. Zwift in Ultra while following my TR program on the same rig.

TR using ANT+ dongle and Controllable, Zwift on BTLE, Wahoo TicrX connected to both.

9 Likes

Indoor training season started today, this is my pain cave for the fall and winter.

Some updates since spring. The KICKR 18 as the trainer mounted on a plyobox, and a new fan, as my wife needed one for her spinning sessions, too.

31 Likes

That’s a lot of computer for Zwift! Wish they optimized their software better. I’m deciding between a 1660 Super in my new Zwift box or moving my existing 1660Super into the new computer and getting a 3070 or (presumable) 3060 for my editing box. :thinking:

1 Like

How you find the 1650 Super on Zwift?

Ooooh, the 3xxx cards look great, pricing is still set at early adopters so I’ll watch from the sidelines for a while until they come down. Also, keeping an eye out for some RTX deals as some people upgrade to the new cards…

Good luck, let us know what you decide and share the build!

I am waiting for a price drop on the Legion 7 laptop at costco to use with Zwift (1,699 retail) as I am in need of a new laptop anyway. Figured this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I know I can get cheaper but costco 4 year warranty cannot be beat. Legion 5 has 1660ti (1,099) but only the hdmi.

Part of me would prefer a 14” for the weight but I hardly travel anymore anyway.

1 Like

Lot of progress this weekend…

48 Likes

What stand do you use for the tv’s? Looks like that setup works really well.

1 Like

It’s that. I’ve only had it up a couple days, but so far, 7/10 or so? It’s actually impressively sturdy. The tv is a 43" but fairly light, and the stand on carpet doesn’t worry me at all. Not wobbly. my nitpicks are that I wish it would go lower to the floor and tilt at more of an angle for my preferred eyeline, which would then let my lower the wall mounted tv another few inches. But overall, I’m happy.

2 Likes

I’m on a 1660Super, to be clear, and it’s good! I have a pretty strong processor (i7 4790k) and I think that’s a decent contributor. I’m not an expert, but rephrasing what I’ve read elsewhere, apparently much more than a 1660Super on 4k ultra isn’t really utilized, but rather it’s the single thread clock speed of your CPU that affects FPS once you start getting into group rides (like 25+ riders.) It’s on order right not, but I’m centering my new Zwift/Tr/multimedia box around an i5 9400f, 16gb ram, and then a 1660super of some flavor or another (either my existing repurposed or a new one, but yeah.) The 1660 Super is a Turing card so it supports the nvenc (new) encoder, and also supports RTX Voice semi-officially. Putting it all into a Meshify C.

1 Like

Is the band for your Varia mount running through the ‘slot’ in the middle of the seatpost or does it go all the way around the seatpost?

Through the seatpost, yeah. It’s the longer band and it’s already quite tight, no way I could get it all the way around the Ia post. It seems fine though. When I get some free time I’ll 3d print a mount that slips around the full post.

79 Likes

My local cinema has a smaller screen than you have in your home gym!! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Great first post :grinning:

1 Like