Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

I’ve only done that 400 watt the once, usually hit 385-395, but that particular race was something special. This years target is to consistently hit that magic 400…

As for road and MTB, i’m not in to road these days so only MTB and gravel. Obviously race TT, But I generally wouldn’t do a ‘road ride’ Power is more or less the same. Maybe slightly more powerful in TT, but that may be the racing aspect.

You dont know my anaerobic contribution and other variables.

1 Like

That is correct,
Your numbers are utterly impressive anyway.

2 Likes

Thankyou.

Theres time yet, Davide Rebellin just got a new contract at nearly 50. I’ve got 4 more years then :joy:

3 Likes

I guess it’s not too far off and it’s a pretty sensible number. Probably a bit of anaerobic energy in the 400w and taking 95% of what’s left :+1:

1 Like

As an athlete I have a relatively high V02 max (tested) and a pretty good MAP power. And If anything, my LT2 is on the catch up. I’m jut hoping that at 39 I’ve still got room to improve and not too close to the peak.
Sorry to essentially hijack this thread about TT bikes!

2 Likes

Yeah, the tubes are pretty massive on this thing

Wow, incredible numbers. What TR programme do you use/did you use to get there (given this is a TR forum).

Capture
Pretty much box standard P2 2015 model, wit the exception of the Wheels, rear carrier and (now retired) BTA. Will be running an almost identical setup sans wheels for the next 70.3 in about 12 weeks. Hoping I can budget some new wheels in but it is unlikely (these were a borrow set).
Feel free to comment on position :slight_smile:

2 Likes

see; How did you 5w/kg+ riders make it there? - #643 by JanesySwift

2 Likes

Pretty hard to comment on the position from that angle…your front looks a little high but I couldn’t tell you how to adjust it from that angle. And it could be fine from a side shot.

But you should definitely invest in an aero helmet and a short sleeve skinsuit before your next 70.3…you’ll save more time with those upgrades vs. the big bucks on wheels.

Sleeves make a difference?
Hard to justify an aero helmet when the one I have is fine, both in my own head and in the lady’s.

From memory the front was about 5mm higher than my “ideal” (gurufit) fit. It was the difference between being able to stay on the aero’s fairly comfortably for the whole race vs not.

Most likely I’ll just try to hire a set as opposed to buying them. I think if I make it through this one fine and want to keep going as opposed to taking another couple years off, those things might make more sense. Unfortunately I need to replace both my cycling shoes and running shoes again before the race :confused: I forgot how the entry fee is only about 10% of the actual cost of the race HAHA

Yup… Triathlon is not expensive X 3; its expensive to the power 3
As someone who spent a long time avoiding the ‘quality’ upgrades to kit, bike and training i can say it costs much more in the long run.

You really want to get the tri suits with the ribbed sleeves, i found they made a significant difference for me… more even than the frame and probably wheels

Apologies for derailing the Forum page

1 Like

Me sprinting from the start line. Currently in the middle of various upgrades for the new season. Including full Tri Rig bar set-up, change to 1x, and WAXING CHAINS.

8 Likes

yes, but you are fast Ade!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sleeves make a massive difference …air over skin is slow. There is a reason nearly everyone is wearing those suits now - they are fast.

An aero helmet is the best $$/speed investment you can make. You can find good helmets on sale for less than $200, sometimes close to $100. You don’t need the latest / greatest…any aero lid will be a huge investment in your speed vs. your current lid.

Her’s a fantastic option…Bell Javelin. Tests well for many riders and is only $119. That is a stupid good deal.

3 Likes

Fast is a relative term and there’s always others faster :+1:

1 Like

I always wonder about bottle position. I read that on the down and seat tubes is “More Aero”. But here is the kicker. How much aero do I waste sitting up while trying to retieve and replace a bottle from my Off the back (OTB)system? That usually requires sitting up far more substantially than just reaching down. This apect is never discussed in this.

I do 100m and 12hr TTs. For the 12hr I had spare bottles OTB and swapped them over when I wanted to start using them. 30mph on a DC with passing cars, and faffing to replace a bottle behind the seat… never gets discussed…

This is why I have never used a BTS (Behind the Seat) system…I have a pretty long and low position. It is impossible for me to reach behind my saddle and grab a bottle. So I have to sit-up, reach behind, get the bottle and drink, then reach back to try adn find the cage and replace it. For me, not only does it make me slower overall, it also means I don’t drink as much because reaching behind the saddle is such a PITA. Lose-lose.

I use a BTA system and one on the downtube, occasionally an aero bottle depending on the course and aid station layout. For hot, long races (HIM, IM), I use a large Camelback Podium Chill with frozen drink to start. Keeps the drink cold all the way through either the bike leg or getting to the Special Needs stop. The aero penalty is worth the price to have cold drink with me the whole time.

1 Like