KickrV5 - drift in ERG-mode?

I have finally found what I might think is the reason for the drift I get in ERG-mode. Two days ago I did this ride: Oct 24: DC Rainmaker Analyzer

At 2h23min Im doing a manual calibration in Trainerroad, and difference between Kickr and Quarq decreases.

Yesterday I did this ride: Oct 25: DC Rainmaker Analyzer

Here I tried to do a manual calibration at 1h36min, but it didnt seem to work, tried again at 1h47min and it seemed to work. Wahoo says “We’re continuously monitoring the KICKR and detecting coasting. When the KICKR coasts we are able to measure the drag in the system which allows us to recalibrate.”, that makes me think that the Kickr5 doesnt calibrate during a ERG-workout since there are no coasting. Im assuming the K5 calibrates when I “wake up” the trainer etc, but doesnt calibrate during ERG-workout, this means Im having a Kickr that is only calibrated in a “cold” state.

So as long as Im mostly doing ERG-workouts I might be better off with a Kickr Core or a Direto XR, then I at least can have full controll of which state the trainer is calibrated in.

4 Likes