Kickr V5 2020, Direct Connect

Thanks. I’m going to wait a bit until it comes into the main branch. I’ve had some bad historical encounters with beta software (not TR).

I’ve got the Direct Connect and it’s been a really good solution for my use case. My Wahoo Kickr v5 is in my home office and I have already a good amount of wifi connected PCs and gear in there that can cause interference. Having the Direct Connect has eliminated the disconnects for me with The Sufferfest. When I pair my Kickr (v5) with TR, I see two Kickrs. One has the name DIRCON and the other does not. But the confusing thing is that the DIRCON one shows it as being BT LE? So it’s not clear that it is supported yet?? I don’t know I’m not on a beta of TR.

Sean

Ah, so that is how it is supposed to show up. That’s what I see with the current release. So it must be all good now.

Sean

Yes somebody needs to make a new icon to avoid confusion!

1 Like

Had an update this morning to the main production app and in the release notes was DIRECTCON support. Should be good to go.

1 Like

random question for those using DirectCON - if you have trainer in that mode, can you also pair to garmin devide (ie. headunit or watch) to capture ride metrics?

I’m only guessing here but I would have thought even with a direct connection it should still broadcast over Ant+ and BTLE

1 Like

Yup, I would expect the normal channels to persist, and I know I would still use one or more for secondary app access (Zwift via ANT+, while TR uses DC).