Is there a way to stop auto updates on windows?

I’m sorry but…as I put in the comment, it is simply unacceptable to have so many updates (there is another today!) and to implement them in the way that TrainerRoad does. If you are saying that these are to make improvements, my assessment, having worked in IT for a very long time, is that the software simply isn’t fit for purpose.

There have been 14 updates this year, including 2 occasions, on 29 Jan and 3 Jan, where there were 2 updates in one day, resulting from rolling back to a previous version because of “critical bugs!” this is very clear evidence that the software is not sufficiently tested prior to release. I assume there is some form of automated release train, but quite simply, this too is not fit for purpose.

I received an invitation last night to trial the Red Light functionality – I’ve looked at that this morning and that too doesn’t work – I understand effectively its Beta, and you are looking for feedback but again, my view is that it is not sufficiently mature to be released for even Beta testing.

Sadly, after a number of years using TrainerRoad, I will not be renewing when my current subscription ends.

Phil

1 Like

Hey @Phil916, we are sorry to hear you won’t be renewing. We wish you all the best!

As @ZackeryWeimer mentioned, the updates to the software are to implement improvements to continuously make TR better. However, we’ve taken everyone’s feedback into consideration and taken action to improve our release process.

I like the software, but I’m tired of the frequent updates. Today my TR workout froze after the “improvement” update. I had to terminate the workout because the software stop reading the indoor trainer power (Tacx Neo 2 T) and HR from the garmin HRM band. Per the software the Bluetooth was working and the devices connected.

Sorry to ask the obvious question but could it be that you are using the TR beta client/app? As far as I remember the production app has far less updates.