Is Adaptive Training broken?

I have been on TR since 2016, starting from the couch. I have mostly done MV and dabbled in HV/traditional base. For the beta and this year, I have chosen LV, and adding 1 long endurance ride and/or recovery ride a week. I am finding LV to be infinitely more enjoyable - with the flex to do more (low intensity) volume. And I am finding AT to be very useful (but yes, occasionally counter-intuitive) in modifying workout to workout. Not only the adaptations, but the way it makes me think about / reflect on a workout pre/post.

The original poster definitely is running into some odd behaviors and glad support offered to help with his specific circumstances - it sounds like it could be related to a number of different things - Zwift vs. TR FTP estimations, outdoor workout giving 100% credit for assigned workouts (whether they complied or not(, implications of filling out the post workout survey, categorizing past (incl. outdoor WOs) among others. As someone who has been in the beta for a while I have recalibrated my behaviors to keep the noise to a minimum and it is working pretty smoothly. I am not saying it is perfect, but it has gotten to the point where the good VASTLY outweighs the annoying. I would suggest working with support and giving some time to get accustomed to the features.

5 Likes