Is Adaptive Training broken?

Quick update guys.

I wasn’t going to bother replying after I saw some of the usual ‘helpful’ comments as I really can’t be bothered with it anymore. However I feel it would be unfair not to follow through after highlighting the platform’s shortcomings.

Contacted Trainerroad support and they replied swiftly that I hadn’t actually filled out a post-ride assessment thing and that was the problem. They provided a link to fix this and I did and sure enough the plan adapted itself (again) to something much more sensible and in line with what you’d expect.

Before I get set upon again by forum users please read the following!

1. I absolutely did fill out that post ride form in the first place, marking it as ‘too hard’ or whatever.
  2. Obviously the adaptive training (which apparently is in beta, even though its being advertised hard as a finished product) bugged out big time at this point.
  3. Trainerroad support was very helpful in fixing the problem.
  4. I had a similar issue with my Trainerroad workout on Saturday, where it again didn’t log my post ride response and I had to shutdown the app then go back into the ride in question and fill it out a second time, which worked.

This adaptive training is interesting but it’s definitely a beta product. I was surprised to find it doesn’t use heart rate data at all as I’d have thought that was almost entirely the whole point of it all.

1 Like