Intended benefits?

@PusherMan I am currently using virtual power on the trainer. My PM generally lives on another bike. I have put it on the trainer bike and done comparisons and found, to my surprise, that the VP was quite close to my PM. I suppose it would be prudent to do a test again or move the PM over for a bit. I keep my trainer set up as precise as possible. Tire pressure is checked down to single psi every time and wheel pressure is set the same each time as well.
@Jonnyboy my most recent test was last week. I saw a very tiny 4 watt increase. It is possible that I underperformed. Historically vo2 stuff has not been my strong suit and I’ve found myself turning down the workouts with 120% repeats rather than turning them up.

I suppose the perceived ease of this particular workout could be due to the odd season we’ve had. Plan builder has already lead me through ssb1&2 early in the year, then with race changes and cancellations I’ve had to go back and change plans a couple of times. I think I’ve been in two different build plans and now with another possible race in October it’s moved be back into a couple weeks of ssb2.