How zwift category works?

Guys i have one question that right now my profile says i am on c category and i want to up my category to b so for that i don’t know how it works but i have done my ftp and it is more than 270Watts so does Doing ftp test and having more watts will increase my category form c to b? Or how it works? What i have to do to up my category? Please guide me it will be helpful

I posted the same link on the same question you just asked on the Zwift forum, which is probably the best place for it. :+1:

1 Like

Actually i have checked it already but i am having difficulty to understand can you please tell me in simple words. please guide me in short and simple words if you can i will helped me alot. and Means ftp test don’t matter in categories? If i increase ftp number for example 280 to 300 so doesn’t increase my category to c to b??

You can enter races in categories higher than what Zwift says you are so it doesnt matter :slight_smile:

The category enforcement just stops strong riders entering lower ranked races - not the other way round.

2 Likes

Zwift category enforcement uses actual results from rides in Zwift. It doesn’t use the FTP entered in your profile (which can be manually updated however you want).

zFTP - estimated FTP based on last 90 days of Zwift rides
zMAP - estimate Max Aerobic Power from last 90 days, this is similar to FTP, but measured over ~5 min durations (so will be quite a bit higher than FTP for most riders)

Zwift uses a combination of those, plus those values / kg, to pick your minimum category. You can always ride up a category (current ‘C’, you can enter ‘B’ if you want).

A 270W FTP on it’s own is pretty good, but I’m guessing one of two things is keeping you in the C race category…

1. Not enough big/fast/high-effort rides in Zwift for the zFTP value to reflect your actual FTP.
  2. You’re a big person (~200lbs/90kg) which puts your zFTP/kg or zMAP/kg at the C level.
2 Likes

Okay thanks man i got it thanks for the information