How to train with Raynaud's

I have Reynaud’s and did a 1:45 ride outside yesterday with 16 mph winds and 27F. I wore XXL lobster gloves and poly glove liners. For my feet, I had thin wool socks (shoes too tight for thicker) and OP shoe covers. I had on shorts thick, windscreen bib tights, a shirt sleeve short, poly long sleeve shirt, windproof jacket and a beanie.

The tips of my fingers were cold/numb for the first 20-30, but were ok after that. Toes kept getting colder and colder. By the end, fingers were ok, toes had no feeling. When I got inside, Reynaud’s kicked in big time. All fingers pure white as were my toes. The foot pads and my heels were the same. It took quute a white for things to come back. I finally put on my Prolotex Reynaud’s gloves as my hands just weren’t warming up.

I plan to get a pair of half size larger shoes so I can wear thicker socks. You might try the same. Winter gloves until your hands warm up initially might also help. For my next cold ride, I want to try getting my nike and gear setup inside where it is warm so I don’t start out chilled.