Help, I've lost my ability to suffer

Blockquote

I rode my local trail for the first time in about 3-4 weeks yesterday and it wasn’t fast, but it was fun! I definitely felt like I pushed harder on the trail vs. on the trainer lately.

I just switched from a super old nashbar trainer on virtual power to a Kickr Snap. I did a FTP and it dropped from 255 to 223…whatever, it’s just a number…I knew it would change and hopefully it’s more accurate now.

I’ve been doing all my workouts in ERG mode - which is new to me. Man, ALL my workouts have been tough tough tough. I think this has hurt my confidence on the trainer some and between also averaging around 6.5 hrs of sleep like @Pcella and just all that is going on with the world right now (kids school, workload, family life, uncertainty due to covid), I’m just assuming I’m sort of burnt at the moment.

My consistency has been poor of late and I feel like I’m walking around with a general amount of fatigue.

I plan to not get up early to workout for the next week or two, eat better and do some fun rides or just spin without really doing intervals for the next two weeks to just refresh.

I’m planning on doing a 6 hr race with a buddy in early November, so I feel like I need to get recovered now if I’m going to be able to train for the race…

The struggle is real!

1 Like