Hello I have just fractured my femur

I’m 1.5yrs post break and surgery. As mentioned somewhere above, I have the same hardware setup. I was 16wks non-weight bearing. It really depends on the break and the doc. Anyway, listen to your doc. Accept that this is going to take a while, probably much longer than you currently think.

I was off all meds w/in 2wks. Sleep sucked, mostly because I had to sleep on my back and I’m a side sleeper. I gained about 10kg during my 16wks of sitting or laying around. Once cleared to put weight on my leg and begin rehab, it took about 2.5mo to get back over 4w/kg. Most of my rehab was riding the trainer. Walking such that no on else could tell anything had happened probably took about 4mo. Running, for various reasons, I didn’t try until ~1yr post accident.

Riding came easy. Walking normally was much more difficult than expected. Running, that’s an entirely different beast all together. The muscle imbalances, scar tissue, mobility, etc., need to be addressed or you’ll continue to have issues. My running is still a work in progress. I’m ~50km/wk for over a month now. However, I only recently started the strength work w/bands, bodyweight, and weights that in hindsight I should have started a long time ago.

Again, listen to your doc! Listen to your body. You can’t rush it. You’ll likely only stress yourself out and or set yourself back. Make peace with the fact this will take a while and take it one step at a time (no pun intended).