Gravel Dropper Post

Believe it or not, we do. There are at least 6 overpasses right by my house. They’re at least 40’ high.

Kidding, of course. Just west of Orlando there is fairly hilly terrain (Clermont). Thats what I was saying about the small drops of the post for dropping the center of gravity for those 30+mph group rides that are full send. Ha ha ha ha ha.

I end up in Georgia in the Carolinas a few times a year too, which is why I want it- or am thinking about it.

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!! Lolololz

Sounds pretty awesome the more I read about it. You use a 1x or 2x?

1 Like

I have it on my gravel bike with Force shifters, 1x chainring and Eagle derailleur. If my road bike had Sram and a round seatpost, it would have one too!!

2 Likes

Ocala, too….I actually set my fastest speed ever (56mph) on a descent outside Ocala. Was dead straight and steep. We’d get up a head of steam at the top and just shoot the descent in a tuck.

It is ironic because my 2nd fastest speed ever (52) occurred here in the Chicago area….but I was drafting a truck.

So my two fastest speeds ever have been in states known for being notoriously flat. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Think AXS is all infinite adjustment AFAIK, Transfer SL is up and down only. For the shorter drops and on my gravel bike I’ve been really comfy with the 50mm drop and up and down only, on my MTB I want the longest drop I can get and infinite positions. Two pretty different applications, though. I can understand wanting the infinite hydraulic option for sure, and I was surprised that I was 1. ok with only 50mm, 2. ok with just up and down. I ride mostly road on my gravel bike and the gravel I pick out is typically non-tech. Opposite on the MTB where I typically prefer technical terrain.

1 Like

I have used a couple of the PNW 27.2 posts (for internal or external routing), and am a fan. Easy setup, & no issues. The Shimano PRO lever works well from both edge his and the drops, although when it last looked the only source in the US was an ebay seller importing them.

Droppers are defined less compliant than a nice carbon post. I love them, but I just switched back to a static post on the bike I’m taking to Unbound, for that reason. I’ll swap back when I’m back to my normal shorter rides.

3 Likes

Suspension posts are your friend in Kansas.

Hell, they are your friend anywhere, but especially for that race.

Any chance you could show us a pic of your lever mounted on the bars? I’ve got one but not installed as of yet & am wondering what your install looks like.

Sure. Excuse the way-too-long cable and filthy tape. This bike is in need of some TLC.

4 Likes

Just used the same lever (Pro) with a PNW Pine (external routing) with the same use cases.

I’ll use it for Sea Otter Gravel and swap it with a carbon or to before Unbound.

I really like the lever location for activating the post while on the hoods.

1 Like