Garmin Vector 3 with a serious problem

Calling @GPLama ???

1 Like

picks up the phone

Yeah, crikey. Not something Iā€™ve encountered. Iā€™ve just checked the set I have here, all good. Iā€™ll keep an eye on this one. (The V3 do get a :-1: verdict on my power meter guideā€¦ Cycling Power Meter Guide ā€“ GPLama.com)

The Look and all the others, ahhh and Shimano too

Looks similar to what I got last time i had my assiomas apart to be honest :man_shrugging:

Just be weary though that if you are ā€œcheckingā€ this screw by tightening it right up then you will be destroying the loctite bondā€¦ just give it a little gentle twist to ensure its not rattling about.

Honestly you can back the screw out far enough while the pedal mechanism is still assembled to drop some loctite on the threads and then snug it back.

I have two sets and I did that on the other set while they were still installed on the bike, I would just back it out drop a dab of loctite on the screw and snug it up (donā€™t forget to clean excess).

I used a torx head screwdriver to help keep me from over tightening the system.

Came to this thread hoping this was the answer to my problems. Sadly not. I have a severe amount of float in the right pedal. New cleats didnā€™t solve the issue. I thought this pin might be it. I do seem to have increased space in the areas where this pin goes, but obviously tightening this pin does not actually close up that space. Seems my right pedal might be warped. Anyone else had this happen?

I am changing my power pedals as I bought the Vector 3 Pedals a year ago and have problems constantly. Balance not working loose clips and screws and only the expensive batteryā€™s work. Would not recommend these pedals for use.

This just happened to me a few days agoā€”I was struggling to clip in on my left and looked down to find it broken like this. Mine happened on the Shimano cleat body, from the conversion kit for Vector 3. Did anyone get this warrantied by Garmin? .

I have had this happen to me probably a dozen times, mostly from me just not tightening them enough.

My Vectors have somewhere around 35000 miles on them. I just screw the bolt back in and keep going. It has only ever happened to the left foot (the one I normally unclip first).

This is a very old thread, but in case youā€™re still thinking about this, Loctite absolutely makes products specifically for bonding to plastics.

1 Like

Lucky for me (?), Garmin sent out a replacement pedal body. Will keep an eye on the bolt from time to time.

Hi, how r u? I have this pedals but the jaw is really worn and the cleat has a lot of play. I was wondering if its possible to replace just the jaw taking it from a look keo pedal. Have you ever tried it?

1 Like

They are different if I recall (I have not had V3 pedals for a long time).

I would honestly reach out to Garmin and let them know the jaw or rear clip is wore out, they may replace it for you.

Yeah Garmin is usually pretty good with stuff like that. But they are vectors so pretty old at this point so might be a tough sell. You can buy new pedal bodies from Garmin though and swap the PM spindle.

yea i know thatā€¦ The conversion kit rally rk is compatible, but i was looking for a cheaper way to solve the issue. I will reach out to garmin but with little hope since im from argentinaā€¦ here customer care is crap. WeĀ“ll see