Feeling lousy and unmotivated

I also have a 4-year-old that can’t go to school / daycare, so I don’t get a lot of opportunities.

Sounds like great opportunity to me…I did tons of training with a trailer and my kids in them. When they got bigger, a trailer bike. Now bike with them on easy days with my young one and hard days with the teenager. Plus the wife will love you for taking your little one off her hands! In fact one of my fastest years was spent pulling a trailer. I live in the mountains to add to it. Plus you said something about no friends trust me you have a little one there that will love it. Stop by the playground every once in a while and its a win-win.

But if riding has got you blue switch things up. I did a triathlon with my daughter one year. Same year I did an aquabike. You don’t have to do biking unless you are a pro.

There has also been a lack of rest and periodization discussion here. I personally work better with 2 weeks hard, 1 week easy vs the 3 and 1 that many do. Plus what’s your sleep like? All the adaption is from sleep not the workout.

Heavy legs have always been an issue for me too. I use a percussion massager now thanks to tips here.

Also look at nutrition timing. Getting a carb/protein mix right after a workout is really important.

Finally cooling is key. There are lots of threads on cooling here to explore so I’ll leave that to those threads.