Feb 25th Podcast

100%.

I expect based on that lesson, we will likely not get any new “promises” of any specific feature or even a whisper of a hint of a timeline, in the future.

1 Like

Did they?

IDK.
All this heat is probably not great… I think they will show a working version with expected launch when the apps are ready (out of beta).

1 Like

My day job is technical sales (to engineers). I’ve been taught from the beginning (30 yrs ago) to not promise future features in order to close a deal, for several obvious (what if we fail to deliver on the promise) and not-so-obvious (side deal) reasons.

Discussing futures is ok in 1-1 situations, and then I hammer on ‘buy only what we have now, I can’t promise if or when we will release’ and sometimes even write it into the contract!

This isn’t 1-1, it is 1-to-many and impossible to manage expectations. So yeah, in this situation it really is better to not say anything because it will only cause problems.

Looking forward to the announcement :smile:

9 Likes

You apparently have never work with government contractors… :sob:

4 Likes

Thing one? Or one more thing?

And I can attest @bbarrera delivers :slight_smile:

Very true on gov’t and quasi-govt especially when a bidding process is in place. Have to show you can comply - even if you cant or don’t know how yet.

This is probably one of the most know cases…

Hope the team was happy! (to be clear - our engineers delivered - I’m just the biz guy)

1 Like

Guess I’ll cross him off the list of future employers!

1 Like

Here’s some topical stuff on gov contracts with tech firms, I can attest the registration process for a vaccine is disastrous

1 Like

Thank you for saying this. The Ask A Cycling Coach Podcast IS NOT ‘MAURY’ :roll_eyes::rofl:

25 Likes

I’ve been watching the Expanse during my workouts the past few weeks and that’s EXACTLY what I was thinking!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thats my current show… On S2E06 I think!

2 Likes

i think @mcneese.chad got insider information a while ago and the thing tomorrow will go in this direction:

2 Likes

The Terminator was from 2029, so maybe we get Plan Builder from the future!

2 Likes

This is what we’re all hoping for. Sadly, I’m afraid some things may be just too much to ask.

23 Likes

s4e03 for me this morning during Homers Nose -1 (recovery week!)

3 Likes

Call it n=2. I actually switched away from SSBHV as it seemed like it never stressed my system. I would say it’s a side effect of ramp test variation of calculated vs actual FTP, but O/Us still are oh so unpleasant; if it were simply that my FTP were way off, O/Us would be less awful.