Favorite Online Retailers?

+1 for biketiresdirect.com. You’ll probably receive their orders in 1 day, if you’re in Spokane. They also have a great price match feature, and you accumulate “points” (like frequent flier miles) which can really add up if you’re buying everything but a frame and fork. A couple of times I’ve called them directly and said something like, “Hey, you had that sweet _______ on sale a couple weeks ago… can you still give me that sale price?” Every time they’ve said yes.

One thing to note with them, and it’s a little annoying, is that they have a tiered customer status. I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them, so I always see their best prices (I hope!). However my buddy, who doesn’t buy as much, sees slightly higher pricing. So I recommended that he call BTD before placing a big order, and ask them to preemptively bump him to their best pricing. Which again they were willing to do. Bottom line, they seem to be extremely willing to work with people to earn their business.

2 Likes

NorCal here, and I receive shipments in one day. Really like the price match feature, it just works. And points are an added bonus.

1 Like

I previously recommended JensonUSA, but recently found out they charge a $7.99 restocking fee for any returns. Being used to free returns offered elsewhere, it makes me hesitant to purchase things unless I’m sure I’ll use/need them. I also wanted to second the Amazon recommendation, I can usually find things within a few $ of the prices listed elsewhere, and get free 2 day shipping with Prime. I’ll have to check out biketiresdirect, their site looked a little outdated (almost from the PricePoint era) and it turned me off. But you can’t judge a business by their website!

1 Like