Favero Assioma Users

Just specialized road shoes on a regular road bike - between say 6hr and 12hr a week on the road including wet weather (indoors I use a smart trainer with a different bike and pedals). In other words nothing out of the ordinary.

No need. Theyā€™re sending me new spindles and I have to pay for shipping. However itā€™s seems like they wanted to pin this on me for overtightening the pedals. However Iā€™ve always used my Park Tools TW-6.2 and tightened pedals to 40Nm max. So no chance that thatā€™s the issue. Must be something else that has gone wrong. Perhaps the resin was of poor quality and detached from the spindle or something. Favero told me that the pod should NOT rotate.

That is a lot of Nm - I just nip them up with the tool they provide. Probably 5-10Nm?

Also, what cranks do you have? Any chance that the pod is pushing against the crank and you need to add a washer or two?

Yea 40nm sounds like a ton. I donā€™t know what the spec is, but that sounds really high

Yep 35-40 Nm :+1:

1 Like

ā€œAbout 35-40ā€ seems about as precise as ā€œ2-3 ugga duggasā€

They carry a 2 year standard so you can still add the year. I probably will

1 Like

Yea I did as well. $60 is cheap enough for peace of mind. With that I still got 2 years left! :smiley:

1 Like

It appears this warranty extension is available until 20th December.

Currently 49.90 euros.

My 2 years was up on the 16th November unfortunately.

As Iā€™m on my third right pedal and my second left pedal it would have been a no-brainer.

Folks
Does anyone using an Elemnt Bolt / Assioma Duo combination see a big lag in instant power being displayed on the head unit?
I was seeing a 4-5 second delay with a power ramp being displayed and anything up to 7 seconds for the power to drop to zero when I stop pedalling. I am not mistaking instant power for 3s average
I did a factory reset on the Bolt last night and it seems to have marginally improved things but still getting a 2-3 second ramp up delay. (Also taking a long time for power to drop but that isnā€™t a huge concern)

1 Like

Id have to double check but I think a 2-3 second lag seems about right. Iā€™m using a Garmin head unit though.

1 Like

More like 2-3s for me.

1 Like

2-3s is normal, keep in mind youā€™re building power faster than the refresh rate on the head units is sampling said power, so thereā€™s always a delay.

I do wish the headunits out there had a faster refresh rate in general

1 Like

Thanks folks for those replies. Pity itā€™s not faster alright but at least I know what Iā€™m seeing is normal

Is this the same for all power meters?? Asking some people at work today with different PMs and they reckon they get pretty much instantaneous readings.

My stages was the same. Your coworkers sound like they donā€™t know what theyā€™re looking at

1 Like

Yip when both my pedals worked the right always dropped down

As a potential favero owner in a near future, Iā€™m a bit concerned about its life span, due to the integrated battery. How long can I expect them to last? Cell phones batteries can see decreased performance after 3-4 years, is this something I should expect?

My set of Duos are almost 3 years old now and the battery life is still good enough that I canā€™t even tell if the battery life has degraded. I use them like 4-6 hours a week usually and probably charge them every 2 months or so. Iā€™ve never run them all the way down to dead.

1 Like