Emonda 2021 New Pictures

With a Full Red group and my DT Swiss wheels which are lighter than the Bontragers this would sit around 16.9lbs/7.67Kg. I could probably get it to 16.5/7.50 with some lighter wheels and maybe bar/stem.

I am going to make one change from this and put on my Syncros integrated carbon bar/stem from my old bike (adapter coming). I need a longer stem and this will do the trick at 120mm. The integrated bar stem just feels better than my Pro Vibe setup.

The paint on this is smoking.

4 Likes

She’s a beauty for sure! I can’t wait to get mine but I definitely need to double check my maths. I was hoping I didn’t need to take out a second mortgage to go 6.8kg.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So I finally got my frame and fork in and I’m confused with the frame weight. Within the trek website it’s indicated the frame is around 700 grams. I understand things like size and paint can play a role in weight but mine is over 900 grams as a size 52? Of course it’s only 200+ grams heavy but I specifically picked this bike based on the advertised weight.

:frowning:

Without looking back at past specs, is there a chance you have an SL frame and not an SLR?

That weight difference of 200g sounds really close to what that frame material difference often is in Trek specs.

I thought the same thing at first but I ordered and paid for a SLR. The frame has an SLR sticker and says 800 carbon.

:frowning:

Sounds like a call / email to Trek (or wherever you ordered from) is in order.

And just to mention the potential, make sure to remove any and all bolt-on parts. That may only be the rear derailleur hanger depending on what you have there that I can’t see in the tiny pic, but I would bet solid money that their weight estimates are without anything installed.

1 Like

Right on. My weight was with only the rear derailleur hanger and a small headset stop. I assume the weight completely bare will be right at 900g?

The frame is advertised below…

I couldn’t see the details on the trek site but cycling tips had a review at release time. I’m guessing 200gr of paint is realistic for the frame.

698 g (claimed, unpainted 56 cm frame only); 365 g (claimed, unpainted fork only);

1 Like

I would agree with that although every Emonda SLR build I’ve seen or read about included larger painted frames at 800ish grams.

You could always strip the paint :grinning:

1 Like

I’d remove those parts then, and get the pure frame (painted) weight so you have that as a hard data point. No sense in guessing since it takes moments to remove and re-weigh.

1 Like

All parts removed.

That’s so wrong (advertising sub 700g and then reality is 200+g more). Here’s a pic of my 2021 Scott Addict RC 10 size 54 with hanger…I seriously wonder if Trek published weights w/o the t47 BB threaded cup thingys? Is that even possible?

1 Like

Those cups don’t even weigh 200+ grams. I’m actually kinda disappointed.

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

There was a time when companies would post frame weights that were based on just the pure frame w/ zero parts on it….so yes, it is possible (not saying this is what Trek did…just noting that it has been done in the past).

And it is absolutely possible that their claim weight is for a bare frame and not painted. While 200g is a lot for paint, I’ve seen it before.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I never thought about it before but, my Scott has press fit so just raw carbon…while it wouldn’t surprise me if the t47 threads are not included it sort of does. Interesting…