Dropper Post Recommendations

I’ve used Wolftooth levers on my last few bikes and they have a great shape and are super easy to set up.

Recently though, I’ve been won over by the BikeYoke Triggy X dropper lever for its adjustability and more tucked design. It sits a bit closer to the bar so you don’t have to let off the grip as much to drop the post, and you can adjust the length of the lever paddle, which is cool for those who like to tinker with their setup.

The Wolftooth wins in the looks department though :eyes:

Overall, both are great aftermarket options.

1 Like

My gravity dropper finally blew apart. Great suggestions in this thread. I still run 2x, so what lever suggestions does the hive have?

Looking for a Dropper for my Gravel Bike(Salsa Warbird). I’m running GRX Di2. Does anyone make a dropper that meets these criteria?

Di2 Battery mount.
Controlled via Di2 button.

or is that a pipe dream?

1 Like

Likely a pipe dream, but I have not done an exhausted search.

1. The first hurdle is the fact that you have a bike with a 27.2mm seat post diameter. That immediately limits your options.

2. I am also not aware of any dropper that uses a Di2 integration in any form. There are only two electronic droppers I know, and they fail to meet your size and wireless Di2 integration goal.

3. I don’t know if any dropper (wireless or external wired, since you can’t do a bottom run internal and still fit the battery) has any Di2 battery mount option.

4. Here are just a few 27.2mm size options that have external routing (some offer different drop lengths too). But again, you may also have issues with drop distance on some, depending on how much post extension you have for your saddle height.

1 Like

I figured as much. Would likely need to be a shimano post(PRO) with a built in battery kinda thing. not adding a battery to an existing post.

1 Like

Fox. Just set it and forget it. It just works.

1 Like

Wondering how you got on with this one @Cory.Rood? I’m exploring similar ground, not so fussed about DI2 integration, but with the same bike as you I am trying to understand if it’s possible to run DI2 2x and an internally routed dropper post. I’m not sure of the options for wiring through the stem, if the battery was stored in the steerer tube (have seen some references to the Pro Tharsis stem).

Thanks for the links @mcneese.chad!

1 Like

was a long time KS LEV and fox user (more KS) and just switched to the magura Vyron dropper (wireless electric). still getting used to it. The delay is super annoying and i’ve had it for 3 months and still double click it so it pops back up. Can’t believe they are basically on their Gen. 3 of this and still have not really nailed it. Tried the RS/Sram electric dropper the other day on a friends bike and was more intuitive, better feel when going down…just a bit better…but that price! no way

1 Like

I have a Race Face Turbine R on my XC bike. I highly recommend it for a couple reasons…

1. It is essentially a rebranded Fox Transfer, so you know it works. All the reviews on the Transfer regarding reliability and consistency are true for the Race Face branded dropper

2. Because it is Race Face and not Fox, coupon codes at retailers will work on the Turbine R while the Fox will usually be exempt. (this was at least true when I bought mine summer 2019). Got my dropper for $225 if I recall correctly.

3. They offer the Turbine in internal and external routing, so whatever your bike requires can be accommodated.

1 Like