Does anyone here actually race their bike?

Last weekend, I had my first race since my daughter was born in December last year. Glad to know I can still keep the rubber side down, even if I go up hills a bit slower!

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what bike it is, I will race it like I stole it!

1 Like

You need a box for “Race on Zwift when you can’t face another hour staring at a graph”.

So I kept the rubber side down in my first ever race… just. Almost came off on a chicane on lap 1 - and was pretty conservative after that, but confidence built. I sat about 10th for most of the race, but dropped back if that’s what it took to get a wheel. A few attacks by others went and didn’t stick as predicted.

I went for a solo flyer last lap and got a massive gap (see final pic halfway through final lap), with a kick over 1000w which felt easy with all the adreneline. So my plan actually worked, and I put out 420w for the final 5 mins (20w less than 5 min PR), but was caught by the bunch about 200m from the line and rolled in about 15/51.

8 Likes

Nice effort!

1 Like

Get into Master’s fields. If you can hang on till 60+, you’ll get lots of podiums just by showing up. That’s what I do.

1 Like