Custom Team Kits

We have a selection of options ref kit from Ale, but just checking my last order - as follows (in UK):

• PRS Bib Short 4H pad - £95
  • PRR Jersey Short Sleeve - £85
1 Like

Great thread here.

Our club has been a customer of Eliel for several years but they botched our team order last summer (and apparently other team orders) and I’m evaluating alternatives.

I’ve used Jakroo for personal one-offs and their turnaround times are way better, but the quality wasn’t quite like Eliel’s. I liked Eliel’s product but their production and sizing was a complete mess. Their owner offered to call me to discuss what happened and how they’ve fixed their issues but I haven’t heard back since I took him up on the offer. .

Looks like Jakroo and Castelli are consensus picks here, so I’ll explore those further. If anyone has been in similar circumstances recently, would be grateful to hear about where you landed around vendors.

When you use a brand like Castelli, your club members are more likely to already be familiar with their sizing than custom kit brands that aren’t popular outside of custom. Something to think about at least. I never had many size returns with Castelli, but I either did fit kits or was as clear as possible in every size measurement possible. Especially the intended fit (club vs race), but this isn’t your first time around the merry go round.

It’s been years since I’ve done Pactimo. That was a good experience.

1 Like

If you’re able to get a fit kit or have a good rep, try and get more measurements than the company provides online. Bib strap length, bib short length and others per SKU.

In other words, do their job for them. It’ll only help mitigate returns and is worth it for custom.

1 Like

Oh, big fan of fit kits. I’d always ordered fit kits from Eliel prior to our custom order to make sure people got the right size. In our recent messed up order, I spent hours driving to people to have them try on the kits so they would get the right size. Eliel still delivered pieces that didn’t fit several people even with the same size. I suspect the fit kits pieces didn’t match their production sizing. They also shipped mislabeled sizes.

You’re a pro at this. Yeah, shame about the Eleil orders last year or two.

Hopefully another vendor works out well this time.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m going to do a solo custom order with Jakroo using our club design (kind of a pilot test) and see how it comes out. Castelli’s 10-order minimum is a bit of a high threshold for us.

Mumu Apparel (https://mumuapparel.com/) is easy to work with and has some great gear. We use them for our MTB team. Just make sure you get a size kit for each piece/style you plan to order as the sizing is different between styles/lines.