Critique my plan for ultra distance event?

Hi
I do Audax riding. And use the Mid Volume century plan. I add in extra rides on top to give the Z2 training.
My usual years build up starting with 200km rides (elevation gain 2700m), then 300km rides same elevation gain. Then 400km about 3000m gain in elev, culminating in the 600km ride. I spread the rides out usually 4 weeks apart.

I switched to solid foods a few years ago, i make up my own sandwiches chicken etc, some peanut butter too. I have gels too, with bars thrown in. Electrolytes are essential and how much fluid loss is critical. You will get away with 1 or 2 % loss, any more and you will get a severe drop off in performance and perceived exertion. Drink before you fell you need to, at least a bottle an hour more if you sweat a lot , have you done a seat loss test. Lots of you tube video how to do.

I have tried the HV plans and find them really hard especially once they go into build.

My A event next year looks to be cancelled. London -Edinburgh - London. Was going to be the longest event i have ridden 1500km (940 miles) with 15000m + of climbs. Time limit 124hours… Not sure what to do.

Hope Vaccine changes things for everyone:-)

As to clothing, as temperature drops, Arm Warmers, Leg warmers and a thermal Gilliet and a skull cap. If it is really cold proper hat and Gloves, VeloToes are great at keeping feet warm and dry and mud free.

1 Like