Could buy a S-Works Tarmac disc used for €5k - or should I get a different bike new?

Great points!

You’re right, the Tarmac seems to be a little lower and longer than my R5.
The R5 is indeed cut all the way down, the fork doesn’t even reach the upper end of my stem - do alleviate this, I turned the stem around.

I won’t know how the fork of the Tarmac is until I receive the bike - might be that it belonged to a rider who slammed it all the way, or someone else who didn’t ride suuuuuper low.

I am looking at it like this (and tell me your thoughts about this!):
Worst case, the Tarmac has the same sporty geometry as my R5, but is more comfortable and has disc breaks - if the reach is two long I can just get a shorter stem.
Better case, the fork isn’t cut all the way and I’ll have the handlebar a little higher.

I won’t find out whether it’s a training or sprare race bike until I get it - the team mechanics do the allocation according to my measurements and what’s available.

So it might be an amazing bike for the price, but used and MIGHT not fit me 100% - in which case I’ll have to work around that.
So - this bike for 5k or something like an Ultimate CF SL 8.0 for 4k…or something else entirely for something in between?

I’m enjoying this discussion :slight_smile: