Borderline A1C levels (pre-diabetes)

I’m certainly no expert, but I wouldn’t worry at those levels. My BG recently hit 600+ Yes, that’s cause for extreme concern. I’ve since gotten it down, with diet, exercise, and meds. My most recent 30-day average was 177, which is still quite high, but on the right track! Op, if I were you, I’d just watch the diet. You can test your own BG, just buy a meter, strips, and lancets. You don’t need a prescription. The RX helps with insurance payment. Try Walmart, they have a cheapie that’s about $15, I think its called Relion --sp? Anyways, OP, you certainly aren’t diabetic, probably not even pre-diabetic https://www.thediabeteself.net/supplements/strictiond-all-secrets-revealed/ . Since the ADA changed their desirable BG numbers a lot of people have been confused. So, this would be my advice-- -try to lose weight -monitor your BG yourself, try to see if there’s any patterns, triggers, etc. - change your eating habits—easier said than done. cut out the sweets, candies, eat regular meals, don’t skip meals, etc Good luck!