Bibs made specifically for indoor training

I save my more expensive bibs for outside and use one of the pairs of Decathlon bibs I bought for 40p in one of their sales. I can’t remember what the RRP was but if they need replacing at some point. I’ll wear out a pair of Decathlon bibs again, the current pairs have been well wearing and comfy.

Agree. Marketing BS.
And £58 GBP for a tank top / vest?? Are they 'aving a larf!?
I’ve always worn my usual bib shorts and any old sports top - comfortable for me and that’s all I need.

Somehow indoor training hurts my ‘area’ more than outdoor, but the prices are ridiculous. Especially the Le Col x Wahoo.

No one uses chamois cream? During longer indoor rides that really makes a difference for me.

I found for 2h rides when they came up in my calendar I needed to think about chamois cream but for 1h to 1h30 I’m fine👍

1 Like

All joking aside - although way too expensive even at the £100 I spent - the wahoo bibshorts do seem to have alleviated an issue I had on longer indoor rides.

I certainly get more discomfort compared to outdoor rides - I always use chamois cream.

I put it down to not shifting around as much but also I think optimal bike fit is dependent on if the bike is moving or not. The handlebars just seem slightly farther away when its on the trainer :man_shrugging:

The fit issue could probably be helped by raising the front of a bike with a book… or maybe a kickr climb to match my bibshorts.

I think if companies produced indoor bibs for around the £50-70 mark or cheaper then there could be a market for them.

Agreed! Would love for Decathlon to make these.

I really dislike cycling marketing these days. Its getting ridiculous. No wonder road cycling is such an intimidating sport to get into… stupid shorts

I managed to pick up some Madison shorts for £45 which seem very good value for the ‘specific’ features!

You know what… If I had known about the Madison ones I might have got those instead :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have some of the le col wahoo indoor bib shorts which I bought in desperate times using a Strava voucher. Yeah they are comfortable and well made, plus the pad is slightly thicker but haven’t really noticed improved comfort because of them and as they have so many holes cut into them I can’t really wear them outdoors. Better off putting your money towards decent bibs you can wear indoors or out, or consider more cooling if you are looking at that issue.

1 Like

Yes they are a bit like wearing a mankini with fishnets over the top.

1 Like