Best direct drive trainer for simulation mode

Hi,

I am looking for a new DD trainer. I don’t use erg mode at all. What I looking for is the best ride feel. It is important for me to have a smooth and realistic ride feel and good inertia. I really don’t like vibration or grinding like feedback or uneven resistance during the pedal stroke which I had with some trainers in the past. Also I don’t interest in features like surface simulation at all so it is out of the context for me in terms of ride feel. I am specifically asking this question to forum members who experienced the ride quality of more than one trainer and can compare those. This will be my 4th trainer and I don’t want to waste my money again with a trainer that I am not gonna like it. Which trainer do you think is the best in terms of ride feel for simulation mode?

Can you list the ones you’ve tried, so we avoid suggesting ones you already know you don’t want?

Actually I deliberately didn’t list the trainers that I’ve used both because of I didn’t want to effect the decision of other people via mentioning negative things about those trainers and brands and want to hear objective opinions from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m curious. How quickly did you run through those 4 trainers? I’ve had my Neo since 2019 without a single issue. (Probably just jinxed it). Are you going through that many because they’re breaking? Or because you’re in search of the one that feels “perfect”? I’m asking because even taking all of your caveats into account, what I think feels perfect may not match up at all with what you think does, so it’s a really difficult question to answer.

1 Like

Same here.

2 Likes

My basic ranking for “ride feel” related to flywheel overall, but plays into sim mode.

1. Saris Hammer & H2
  2. Wahoo Kickr V6
  3. Wahoo Kickr V3
  4. Tacx Neo 2
1 Like