Belly cellulites as I’m losing weight?

This is something I noticed only recently.

I’ve lost ~60lbs in a year or so and kept it same weight for the last 4 years. I still had a lot of fat around my belly. I have been what you’d call skinny fat.

Recently I started losing more after 4 years of being the same. Another 10 lbs later I look much smaller with less fat around belly (there’s still a good amount) but now I notice a lot of tiny pockets of cellulite looking kind of fat on surface instead of a huge chunk of it all together.

Does that make sense? Did anyone experience this before? Is this a good sign/bad sign/whatever?

I really don’t care as long as I’m getting fitter but just experienced it for the first time ever so I thought I’d ask to see if I can find out what’s happening.

Cellulite can typically be described as dimples on your skin. Normally losing weight will lower it as your body fat lowers. Sometimes though, weight loss can cause it to show more obviously. It’s believed this has to do with lose skin, age, etc. A lot of people have cellulite, even really fit people. I would say you might be noticing it more as you lose more weight if your skin is getting more lose in the area. The best recommendation for dealing with it is staying fit and strength training, but it may not fully go away. I would just focus on being healthy!

3 Likes

Oh hi Christie!! I’ve been watching your youtube!

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know it could also happen in men so I was surprised to see it for the first time!

As you said I’m just happy to get fitter so no big deal. I just take it as a good indicator that I’ve made more progress :+1:t2: