Backpedaling/adaptive training

Gotcha. My level on the chart increased afterwards (going from 5.6 to 6.2), but my next anaerobic workout appears to be a 6.0, ie lower than the 6.2.

I guess that’s a bit confusing to me. If I had just finished the workout at 1% intensity, would TR have considered me to have “finished” the workout? Not sure why I got credit for finishing the workout/increasing my chart level when I failed it, but maybe I’m misunderstanding how TR works.

A very fair point and one I certainly don’t have an answer for, I can only speak to my speculations/observations based on how I’ve seen the workout scored once completed. The only time in the recent past where I can recall TR not giving a bump on the PL chart was when I was either doing an achievable workout or I did NOT complete a productive workout.

My speculation is this… while we struggled to complete the workout… via backpedal, lowered intensity (within reason), etc… we DID complete it and therefore they give us credit on the chart BUT they STILL decrease future workouts to allow us to have success next time.

Hey there, it seems like it was taking a bit longer than usual to get your Progression Levels updated after you did Cypress. I just checked it out and ran a refresh on your Progression Levels, and things are looking as expected now. :slight_smile:

Feel free to let me or support@trainerroad.com know if you need a hand with anything else!

1 Like