Auto immune disease and fitness gains

I feel you… I know what it is, not the same thing. But there are a lot of implications for sure. One of them being the stress of the training load that has a tendency to increase crisis frequency. The constant back and forth training detraining so you cant really expect to ramp up your load like any other human being.

For a couple of years my training went about like this… I would do a month of training block. Got huge gains. Like +20-25% went to the next block ramping up volume, intensity and power. the would be too much to handle, I would crash for several weeks. Would restart the training block less 1 week. Got huge gains again. Crashed. Rinse and repeat.

Overall I did and resdid TBLV ssb1 and ssb2 over and over again. And always crashed at the end of SSB2. But was able to see nice gains anyway. Overall + 50% in three years. This year is the first year I can really expect to complete the full base-build-specialty cycle because I’m treated. But then what I take is so powerful I don’t do inflammation at all.

2 Likes